North Dakota Real Estate Continuing Education
NORTH DAKOTA Provider: RealEstateCE.comLicense Renewal Requirements
3.0 hours Personal Safety Course Syllabus
3.0 Elective Hours
A real estate brokerage can institute and help promote a buddy system for their affiliates. This is a situation where two agents team up and act as buddies for each other to help promote safety.
Some example of how the buddy system can work are:
- Accompany your buddy when they are meeting someone new for the first time.
- Accompany your buddy at showings or an open house.
- Be their secret phrase person and take calls from your buddy if they feel they are in danger.
- Act as a guide and another decision maker to determine if a situation is potentially dangerous or suspicious.
- Review a safety checklist with your buddy to determine that safety measures have been taken.
- Take note at an open house to determine if the sellers are protecting their belongings and have removed suggested items.
- Take photos of license plates and record descriptions of suspicious visitors.
This course identifies ways that a brokerage can assist their agents with showing an open house safely. One of these ways is by promoting a buddy system for their team. There is something to be said for the adage “there's safety in numbers.” Simply put, when you are not alone, you are less likely to be harmed.