South Carolina Real Estate Continuing Education Courses - SOUTH CAROLINA Provider Number: 952
4.0 hours SC Federal Laws Update Course Syllabus
4.0 SC Core Law Mandatory 2013-2014.
South Carolina real estate licensees are required to undergo continuing professional education in order to maintain, improve, and broaden their knowledge and skills, an on-going process to competence. The required Federal Laws Update seeks to challenge those who have just entered the real estate market as well as those who have been licensed for many years. Basic information is presented and ample time is allocated for the participants to discuss real-life applications.
- Identify classes protected by state and federal fair housing laws and differentiate between those protected by fair housing and Americans with Disabilities (ADA)
- Distinguish between permitted and illegal types of advertising
- Discuss the impact on real estate practices of the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure and the Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act
- List examples of kickbacks prohibited by the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Recognize antitrust law violations